2012, DCP, 97'
French with English subtitles
- 20.05 11:30 AM Espace Miramar (English subtitles)
- 20.05 5:30 PM Espace Miramar (English subtitles)
- 20.05 10:00 PM Espace Miramar (English subtitles)
- 21.05 8:30 AM Espace Miramar (English subtitles)
- 21.05 2:00 PM La Licorne (English subtitles)
- 22.05 4:00 PM Studio 13 (English subtitles)
Critics’ Week / World premiere
Hors les murs
Paulo, a young pianist, meets Ilir, a double-bass player originally from Albania. It’s love at first sight. Confronted by Anka, Paulo finds himself out on the street. Despite Ilir’s misgivings, Paulo moves in with him. One day, when Paulo promises that he will love Ilir for the rest of his life, Ilir leaves the city and doesn’t return. A few days later, Paulo finds out that Ilir is in jail, and the two lovers embark on an heart-breaking relationship.
Boréal Films, Canada
Frakas Productions, Belgium
Productions Balthazar, France
Born in 1976, David Lambert has a degree in literature from the Université de Liège. As a screenwriter, he has collaborated on several scripts including La Régate, in 2008, and Post-Partum in 2011. His first live action short film, Vivre encore un peu, has travelled to festivals around the world and has won several awards. Hors les murs is his first full length feature film.